Identifying At-Risk Teens
If a teen is experiencing more than four of the following warning signs, they could be at risk and an intervention should be considered before the problem gets worse.
- Has the teen ever been suspended, expelled, been truant, or had their grades drop?
- Is the teen verbally abusive?
- Does the teen struggle with basic family rules and expectations?
- Does the parent have difficulty getting the teen to do basic household chores and homework?|
- Has the teen had problems with the law?
- Does the parent have to pick their words carefully when speaking to the teen, so as not to elicit a verbal attack or even rage from them?
- Is the teen in danger of dropping out of high school?
- Does the teen associate with a suspect peer group?
- Has the teen lost interest in former productive activities, sports, hobbies, or childhood friends?
- 10.Has the teen ever displayed any evidence of suicide?
- Does the teen seem depressed / withdrawn?
- Does the teen ever display violent behavior?
- Is the teen sexually promiscuous?
- Has the teen’s appearance or personal hygiene changed?
- Is the teen deceitful and manipulative?
- Has the teen been caught stealing money or personal items from their family?
- Is the teen severely lacking in motivation?
- Does the teen sometimes lie regarding their activities?
- Does the teen display outbursts of temper?
- Does the teen lack self-worth and self-esteem?
- Does the teen defy established rules regardless of the consequences?
- When trying to deal with the teen, do the parents feel powerless?
- Does the teen have a problem with authority?
- Do the parents suspect the teen is experimenting with drugs or alcoho
Be pro-active and help your teen understand the consequences of bad choices. The Reality Check Program DVD is a one of a kind product that opens a teens eyes with lasting results.